- [May 2020] In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and delays to project delivery, a new workstream is being developed on a green COVID recovery and response. See more.
- [April 2020] Field missions were organized to the Putumayo Department to gather data on ecosystem services (with particular attention to the values of local and indigenous communities) as well as identify policy priorities with municipal and regional government actors.
Scope of work
To examine agricultural landscapes in the Putumayo Department, a biodiversity hotspot with indigenous land. A first pilot will seek to identify the main drivers and impacts of land use change in a region facing high agricultural development. The analysis is expected to feed into the agriculture and forestry public policy of Putumayo, the Climate Change Integrated Management Plan and regional extension services programmes.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the project will also include a focus on the impacts and opportunities for transforming agriculture and food systems, with the intention to feed into national response and recovery plans. Read more.
- Earth Innovation Institute Colombia
- Federación orgánicos de Colombia
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO)
- GIZ Colombia
- Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
- Rural Agricultural Planning Unit (UPRA)
- Sociedad de Agricultores de Colombia (SAC)
- Territorial Renewal Agency
- UNEP Colombia
- WWF Colombia