- [December 2020] The TEEBAgriFood project in Malaysia was launched on a virtual platform with key stakeholders from four Ministries, EU and UN agencies, research agencies, private sector organisations and civil society
- [April 2020] The project inception workshop was originally scheduled to be held on 7-8 April 2020 in Putrajaya Malaysia, but had to be postponed in the context of Covid-19 restrictions.
- [October 2019] An initial stakeholder meeting was held to introduce the project rationale, discuss potential project scope and implementation modalities for the project in Malaysia
Scope of work
While the scope of work is to be determined, it is envisaged that Malaysia would apply the TEEBAgriFood approach to:
- move beyond standard agriculture indicators (e.g. yield per hectare) to include more holistic, long term elements of agricultural economics and development;
- identify intervention options that improve livelihoods and biodiversity outcomes;
- identify, develop and catalyse the application of a mix of policies and tools (incentive programmes, certification and performance standards, etc.) that capture the multiple values of ecosystem services across the entire agri-food value chain; and
- establish the enabling conditions for agri-business to build a sustainable economy and place biodiversity as a cornerstone of agriculture and food systems.