- [December 2022] CBD COP-15 side event held, including participation by Mr. Huang Runqiu, President of the COP 15 and Minister of Ecology and Environment of China and Ms. Christianne van der Wal-Zeggelink, Minister for Nature and Nitrogen Policy, Netherlands.
- [November 2022] Third Stakeholder consultation report
- [October 2022] Application for side event submitted to Conventional on Biological Diversity Conference of Parties 15 accepted – to be held on 14 December in Montreal. (Concept note & Provisional agenda)
- [October 2022] First draft of integrated scenario modelling and valuation results under review by TEEB Office.
- [June 2022] Social media to promote the project in China was launched on Weibo and WeChat platforms on World Environment Day. English translations of the posts are available here and here.
- [June 2022] Remarks by Dr. Li Jun-sheng, Director of Institute of Ecology, Chinese Research Academy of Environmental Sciences, Ministry of Ecology and Environment at TEEBAgriFood regional symposium.
- [May 2022] The third project Steering Committee was held by written procedure and minutes finalized. The Committee provided guidance on the draft Data and Methodology Report. The research team has incorporated this guidance and finalized the Report. Detailed analytical work modelling the scenarios for food systems transformation on Tengchong now begins in earnest.
- Second stakeholder consultation (May 2021)
- Draft Data and Methodology report submitted to Project Steering Committee for comment, February 2022
- TEEB AgriFood China video launched during Ecological Civilization Forum, October 2021
- Scoping and Scenario Setting report endorsed by Project Steering Committee, February 2021
Scope of work
Ecological and green agricultural development in Tengchong City, Yunnan Province. TEEBAgriFood China shall inform the agriculture and food planning process in China by providing comprehensive, scientific evidence to support agriculture and food system policies. The project will respond directly to policy questions from Chinese policy makers, with CRAES-MEE and Tengchong Municipal People’s Government as the political focal points. The analysis will inform green food production policy intervention scenarios, including, but not limited to, the identification of policies related to pollution monitoring and control, pesticide and fertiliser use, demonstration plots, grassland protection and management, forest protection and management, management of wetlands and nature reserves, and marketing and development of green food brands.
Publications and resources
- Policy Brief (Chinese/中文), Overview of project in China and links to national and international policy.
- Scoping and Scenario Setting Report Detailed scoping of analysis and scenario design, endorsed the February 2021 2nd National Project Steering Committee.
- Data and Methodology Report, May 2022. Draft for discussion, submitted to comment by written procedure to Steering Committee.
- Draft Data and Methodology Report February, 2022. Draft for discussion, submitted to comment by written procedure to Steering Committee.
- Infographics Graphical depiction of study area and scenario design.
- Case studies and Insights: Transforming the Agri-Food Sector under the Biodiversity Conservation Agenda Translation of a book chapter published in the "Case Studies and Industry Analysis of Corporate Involvement in Biodiversity (Ecological Civilization Construction Series)”.
- Opportunities for intervention (August 2019) Background document to Project Inception Workshop.
- Policy Options for 1st Steering Committee (July, 2020).
- Policy assessment (August 2019) Background document to Project Inception Workshop.
- Background paper (April 2018) Preliminary background review of agriculture and biodiversity in China.
- Country Fact Sheet
Read more about work being led by the Capitals Coalition to develop new guidance for agri-business, develop capacity-building and build a growing network of forward-thinking organizations in partner countries.
- TEEBAgriFood China Business Roundtable Report
- China Business Training Session 3 (7 December 2021)
- China Business Training Session 1 (1 July 2021)
- China Business Roundtable Day 1 (4 March 2021)
- China Business Roundtable Day 2 (5 March 2021)
- Webinar (14 May 2020)
Events and meetings
- Third Project Steering Committee meeting (by written procedure April/May 2022)
- Second stakeholder consultation (May 2021)
- TEEB for Agriculture and Food Regional Symposia 2021 (March 2021) - Linxius remarks on Day 1-2 - TEEB Agri-Food Tengchong
- Second Project Steering Committee (Beijing, February 2021)
- Tengchong Stakeholder Consultation (Yunnan, October 2020)
- Project steering committee (Beijing, July 2020)
- 1st national workshop (Beijing, August 2019)
- TEEBAgriFood Global Symposium (Nairobi, February 2019)
- News blog "TEEBAgriFood China project implementation team visits Tengchong, Yunnan" [in Chinese]
- News blog "UNEP-IEMP holds second Project Steering Committee meeting of TEEB AgriFood China Tengchong Project online" [in Chinese]
- "Transforming Green to Gold: TEEBAgriFood Project Supports Tengchong in Exploring the Path of Green Agricultural Development" [in Chinese]
Ministry of Ecology and Environment
- Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Chinese Research Academy of Environmental Sciences
- Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Fudan University
- Foreign Economic Cooperation Center, Ministry of Ecology and Environment
- Golden Bee
- Inner Mongolia Agricultural University
- Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resource Research
- Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs
- Nanjing Agricultural University
- Policy Research Centre of Environment and Economy
- Research Centre for Rural Economy
- Yunnan Agricultural University
This project will complement work undertaken as part of the Natural Capital Accounting and Valuation of Ecosystem Services (NCAVES) project in China.