The Interim Report introduces the key questions, issues and arguments to be addressed by TEEBAgriFood. Interim results are presented from five exploratory sector studies (on livestock, rice, agroforestry, inland fisheries and palm oil), while the development of a ‘valuation framework’ provides a common lens for ensuring that the full range of impacts and dependencies can be examined under different applications (i.e. by sector, system or practice). Finally, the Report examines the way forward for this study by identifying economic and policy drivers and incentives that influence land-use decisions and management techniques within production systems around the world.
Global Landscapes Forum
The UNEP TEEB Office presented the TEEBAgriFood Interim Report at the Global Landscape Forum in December 2015. Specifically, TEEB Team reported on findings from a number of studies that focus on different ‘externalities-heavy’ sectors and seek to identify the economic and policy drivers and incentives that influence land-use decisions and management techniques within production systems around the world. During the forum was presented a unifying valuation framework that pinpoints specific knowledge and research gaps vis-à-vis impacts and dependencies in the ‘eco-agri-food systems’, including human health. [more information]
TEEBAgriFood Interim Report in
- The costs and benefits of agriculture (FoodTank.com)
- Pavan Sukhdev: “La sociedad es culpable de su estupidez” (El Espectador)
- How Do Agricultural and Food Production, Distribution and Consumption Offer Solutions to some of the World’s Most Pressing Environmental Concerns? (Bussineswire)
- Has industrialized farming left nature’s bank in need of a bailout? (Chris Baldock, Trucost)
- The master accounting lens grinders helping us see the future of food (IUCN NL)
- Global Expert to Meet in Brussels (FoodTank.com)
- What´s the true cost of Food? (FoodTank.com)
- Here’s why industrial food is deceivingly cheap (CS Monitor)
To keep updated about the latest related to TEEBAgriFood, sign up today.