- [June 2020] Proposals sought from various national and international research institutions to undertake analytical and policy engagement work of the project.
- [May 2020] Concept note developed outlining the potential scope and modalities for the project.
- [April 2020] Stakeholder discussions were held, including with the Sustainable Rice Platform (SRP), a global multi-stakeholder alliance, on the alignment of SRP Standards and Performance Indicators with protection of biodiversity and ecosystem services.
Scope of work
- TEEBAgriFood assessment of commercial rice sector, directly engaging the agri-business sector in Thailand who are receptive to looking at dependencies and impacts on biodiversity and ecosystem services (and influencing Key Performance Indicators). This work would focus on the production practices that adhere to the standards and indicators of the Sustainable Rice Platform (SRP).
- Geographical scope of research is to be decided, but location will necessarily be in areas where SRP is being piloted.
- Mainstream the findings into the training activities and materials of the government’s agricultural extension services.
Publications and resources
- Scoping report (forthcoming)
- Methodologies report (forthcoming)
- Concept note (June 2020)
Read more about work being led by the Capitals Coalition to develop new guidance for agri-business, develop capacity-building and build a growing network of forward-thinking organizations in partner countries.
Events and meetings
- Inception meeting (Bangkok, June 2019)
- TEEBAgriFood Global Symposium (Nairobi, February 2019)